VDS on Micro setup and Metatrader installation
VDS on Micro plan has a minimal working Windows Server configuration:
- 1 core 2.2GHz
- 512Mb RAM
- 10GB HDD
- 1 dedicated IP
- Connection via RDP
Micro plan is enough for one Metatrader 4 or 5 terminal with simple trading robot and autotrading.
This plan is not recommended for scalper robots or for high frequency trading robots. Robots like grids, martingale and similar are good on this plan.
You can order VDS setup and Metatrader installation by the service specialists for a separate fee.
Unwillingness to understand and install and configure the terminal is not a reason to refuse a VDS and demand a refund. By renting a VDS you agree with these terms and conditions.
It is forbidden to use any other software on our VDS, except Metatrader 4 or 5 trading terminals. Server monitoring service automatically detects third-party software, blocks the VDS and the user without the possibility of restoring the server and money refund.
Initial VDS setup
1. It is better to connect and configure VDS from your local PC.
2. After paying for the VDS, you get the credentials for connecting via RDP:
3. Connect via RDP using the credentials from the email:
4. We see a remote desktop and a single command line window:
5. Install Windows Explorer. Enter all the commands on the command line one by one. Wait until the previous command is finished:
Install additional components (installation takes up to one hour, do not close the window):
Add-WindowsCapability -Online -Name ServerCore.AppCompatibility~~~~0.0.1.0
Reboot the server:
As a result, you will have the following result in the console:
6. The RDP session will end. After the restart, the server automatically downloads updates. This takes about another 10 minutes. During this time, you cannot connect to the server.
7. Reconnect to the server via RDP. Wait for the updates to fully download and for the console window to open.
8. Run Explorer:
1. On your local computer, download the Metatrader 4 installer from your broker’s website.
The Metatrader 5 version can be downloaded from the official website: https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download
2. In Explorer on your local computer select the downloaded installation file and copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl+c or right-click “Copy”).
3.1 In an RDP session in the explorer window, go to the Downloads folder. And paste the file from the clipboard (Ctrl+v or right-click “Paste” command). As a result, Metatrader installation file will be downloaded to the folder on the remote server.
3.2 Alternative option to download installation file directly from VDS:
Download the MetaTrader 4 installation file from the Internet to the Downloads folder:
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri ‘PATH-TO-FILE-AT-YOUR-BROKER'S-SITE’ -OutFile ‘C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\mt4.exe’
Download the MetaTrader 5 installation file from the Internet to the Downloads folder:
Invoke-WebRequest -Uri ‘https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe’ -OutFile ‘C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\mt5.exe’
4. Run the installation file. Install as usual. Installation takes about 5 minutes.
5. In Explorer, navigate to the folder of the installed Metatrader. Note, that the folder name varies depending on the broker.
MT4 location: C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader
MT5 location: C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5
6. Start and configure the terminal from the terminal.exe or terminal64.exe file
7. Save yourself the full path to the .exe file. You will need it in order to run the terminal from the command line without launching the explorer in the future.
8. Close all other programs (command line, explorer) to release as much resources as possible for MetaTrader.
9. You can now close the RDP session. The MetaTrader terminal will remain running.
10. If you restart your VDS, the trading terminal will not start automatically. To start it in the command line, enter (note that the folder name varies depending on the broker):
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\terminal.exe"
"C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\terminal64.exe"